Friday, December 6, 2013

No News is Good News

Another visit to the OB this week and another positive report.  No change.   At the 16 week mark, BW2 was active, as always, with a HR of 134.  So far it looks like the IUD is not causing any new problems.  All of the additional testing they did due to my high blood pressure readings turned out normal, and it looks like my BP has returned to normal.  Maybe just all the stress? 

Our next appointment for an ultrasound and lab work is the 17th.  This will be a focused ultrasound to look at the baby's anatomy and give us a better idea of where the IUD is and if it remains stable.  If this baby cooperates, we should be able to find out the gender!  Baby Jaslyn was not so participative, and we had to wait 20+ weeks to find out she might be a girl.  Our doctor asked "Would you like to find out the gender or wait for a 40 week surprise?" which he immediately followed up with "You've probably had enough surprises for this pregnancy."  I think he is right!  We are definitely leaning towards this little one being a boy.

The new medications have significantly improved the nausea I was having which is awesome.  I've yet to feel my energy return with the second trimester, but I'm still holding out for a miracle.  I would be perfectly content to eat Vanilla Cupcake Goldfish and sleep all day, but I guess I have to work, and graduate, and cuddle Jazzy Bear.  It could be worse :)  When we ask Jaslyn to "give the baby a kiss" she kisses my belly, which absolutely makes you melt.  The only downside is she doesn't differentiate my baby belly from anyone else's--when we tell her to give the baby a kiss she heads for the nearest belly- daddy's, Mimi's, Grandad's.  She likes to share the love ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment